World in Conflict Patch v1.011
A new patch for World in Conflict has been released. This patch will update your game from version v1.010 to version v1.011.
This eleventh update adds four completely new multiplayer maps in new settings. Apart from the new maps, changes have mainly focused on balance tweaks to medium helicopters, medium artillery, and infantry units. In addition several bugs and minor issues have been fixed.
- Four new multiplayer maps:
* do_Apocalypse - Deep in the jungles of the Mekong, Soviet and U.S. forces struggle for possession of a vital intelligence dispatch.
* do_Canal - A tranquil canal divides Soviet and NATO forces as they fight for control of a small French Village.
* do_Studio - In an attempt to crush the morale of the hated Americans, Mother Russia has decided to attack the heart of their enemys entertainment industry!
* do_Tequila - A sleepy Mexican village is shaken out of its siesta by the sound of roaring Soviet and U.S. tanks.
* Changed the health of a stone bridge that had 50% more health than it should. All bridges should now be destroyable with two Laser Guided Bombs.
* Fixed a bug where infantry squads would sometimes get deselected when a member of the squad died.
* Fixed a bug where Sniper units inside buildings would sometimes fire at units they did not have line of sight to.
* Fixed a bug where infantry would run out of the forest when dropped from a helicopter.
* Fixed a bug where the LOS shader would in some cases calculate incorrectly.
* Fixed a bug where the movement lines in the megamap would remain after the units had been ordered to stop.
* Fixed a bug where the stone bridge used on do_Canal and as_Hillside would move when terrain was deformed close to it.
* Fixed a bug where the server would crash when certain orders were stacked.
* Fixed a bug that caused heat-haze not to render.
* Slight tweaks to USSR Medium Artillery special ability: crater size is more consistent, and the effect no longer occasionally fails to play an impact sound.